Each year the ACA WSO holds our Annual Business Conference (ABC) and ACA World Convention (AWC) in April. This coming year they will be held April 23-26, 2020 in Boca Raton, Florida.
If your group has an idea that may benefit ACA Worldwide, you can submit it as a proposal for potential inclusion on the agenda at the ABC. All proposals will become part of a Ballot in January.
The specific process and timing are as follows:
If your group feels it may have a proposal to submit, your first step should be to go to this website page – https://acawso.org/category/
- “Is it a Proposal or should it go to a Committee” – provides contact Information about WSO Committees.
- “Proposal Guidelines” – provides guidance about what makes a good proposal and it will also help you determine whether your idea should be submitted as a proposal, or if instead it can be submitted to a WSO Committee.
- “Crafting a Proposal” – provides information about how to best create a proposal.
When you’re ready to submit your proposal to be considered for the ABC agenda do the following:
- Go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/
- Fill in the form according to the instructions.
- Submit your Group’s proposal by November 30, 2019.
After you have completed these tasks, the following happens:
- Proposals are reviewed by the appropriate committee(s) and trusted servants and, if needed, the intent clarified with the submitting group.
- After a WSO analysis of the proposal has been added, the proposal is added to the Ballot and sent to all registered groups by January 15, 2020.
- Ballots must be returned to WSO no later than March 31, 2020.
- Proposals that receive at least a 60% affirmative vote will then be placed on the agenda for consideration at the 2020 ABC.
If you have any questions about this proposal process, (or need assistance drafting a proposal) please send an email to email@example.com.
Yours in Service,
The 2020 Ballot Preparation Committee